ERAMON System Components
The smallest basic unit consists of a CENTER and a SAT:
- CENTER: GUI can be reached via browser, centralized database
- SAT: a separate server to poll the devices, traps and syslog receivers
CENTER and SAT can be set up redundantly. The number of SATs is an important factor for the scaling.
Depending on your requirements, further components are available and might be necessary:
- EPM: a pure database server for saving polled measurements
- CustomerPS: a dedicated server for external logins, e.g. located in the DMZ
- Traffic Analysis Server: a dedicated server for saving the flows
- Messaging Server: a central trap/syslog receiver
Depending on the application or the number of the devices, ERAMON distinguishes between 3 expansion stages:
- Classic: for example: quad-core, 16GB RAM, DVD, 4+146 GB SAS HDD
- Performance: for example: hexa-core, 24GB RAM, DVD, 8+146 GB SAS HDD
- Ultra Performance: for example: 2x hexa-core, >486GB RAM, DVD, 4x 146 GB SAS HDD, 1-2x 600GB SSD
The OS used is: Redhat ES or CentOS. The database used is: MySQL.
An important scaling factor is the number of SATs. The smallest application requires just one SAT.